Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Be part of a fast-paced development team that is responsible for designing and coding the features for a communications/Telecom Mobile App delivery team
- Responsible for participating in the full lifecycle the Android application development, including working with other teams (internal and 3rd party) to understand technologies and requirements, developing and implementing the user experience and helping to push the boundary of what our products can do.
- Utilize software development tools such as Kotlin, Git, Jira and Instruments to develop, test, debug, and deploy quality software
- May perform as a technical leader or Lead Android Developer for small software projects
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem-solving techniques including root cause analysis and outline corrective action for given problems
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, and offer suggestions to improve processes
- Ensure quality of produced code by thorough unit testing
- Developing performance testing matrix and making sure application development meets performance standards
- Participate and lead knowledge transfer sessions, capacity analysis, performance trends and establish proper monitoring and hand off to support team
- Work with Enterprise and Application Architecture teams to drive alignment around more pragmatic vs. prescriptive solutions
- Monitor and vet major architectural decisions, changes, and open issues (e.g. data placement, tool/technology product selection, interfaces, new data stores, infrastructure issues)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Must have experience with Kotlin and/or JAVA technologies.
- Strong understanding of Android software development lifecycle
- Understanding of Restful Services
- Thorough understanding of development processes including agile development methodologies, must understand and leverage Global Delivery Model
- Experience with Git, Material Design, Support Libraries, Volley/Retrofit
- Experience with Junit and/or Mockito for unit testing
- Able to support multiple resolution devices
- At least one app in Play Store and experience with publishing apps
- Experience in Performance Optimized & Object-Oriented Design (OOD), SQL Server, N-tier application architecture and full lifecycle of the software design and development process.
Job no: DPAS00202
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15 July 2020